There are two reasons why I am playing this game: 1) I recently switched bags & so I've cleaned out my purse which makes it less likely that I'll be thoroughly humiliated. And 2) I love Ally Sheedy. You reference to her & Breakfast Club...I'm in (go to Karen's blog to figure what I'm talking about.)
My "purse" -- I don't have the ability to photograph it at the moment so I will have to describe -- is actually a huge, GAP, messenger bag. Thick, smokey gray, nylon. Very durable. Super lesbian. And it can carry LOTS of stuff. Fortunately, for all of you, I haven't been using it long enough to fill it up with meaningless trash.
Let's start with the big outside pocket on the back of the bag (sealed with velcro at the top):
- One girly leopard print neckscarf (b/c you never know when you have to glam something up)
- Applegate Consulting Group pitch for managing a merger.
- Receipt for Twin Dragon (yummy, cheap Chinese food near my house)
- Receipt for a hotel in NYC with the email address and phone number of someone named "bob" whom I can't remember...Who the hell is BOB?
- Gas Company Bill (which I should probably pay...)
- Zoe & Ella's lip gloss
Well, that was surprising.
Next, the zippered pocket on the front flap of the bag. Ohhh...this sucker has gotten heavy already so God only knows what's in here...
- Green leather business card holder filled with a bunch of random business cards & receipts (note to self: clean out front pocket).
- A whole bunch of photos to send to my friend Julie Goldstein.
- Rapid check-out receipt for a hotel in Pennsylvania.
- Airline ticket detritus from a trip to Austin, TX.
- Dog Magnet from Zoe & Ella's toy.
- My reading glasses.
- One pen.
The little pockets on the inside:
- One of them is dedicated to my ipod.
- The other contains: a gaggle of tampons, two lipsticks, and some tinted chapstick (which I just applied...yum...minty).
We're almost done...now for the mammoth INSIDE POCKET!
- My make-up bag
- Two scripts (that I didn't read this weekend)
- Insurance policy estimates
- My wallet
- Print out of my calendar
- A memo for a meeting I had last week
OK, not to embarassing. Hmmm...who should I tag...well, I tag my friend Erin (because maybe it will get her to post!), Darrien, and then someone who isn't my friend but whom I am merely a sick, stupid fan of - DOOCE.COM. And, lastly, so that no one can ever claim I am sexist, I tag my friend Randy (http://www.myspace.com/espaciodestreeck).